I have mentioned in a few of previous posts about the new ShoreTel Connect Licences. This is a very quick post to provide you with some information. Before looking at the new ShoreTel Connect Licences, I will recap the current ShoreTel 14.2 Licence structure.
ShoreTel 14.2 Licences
At ShoreTel 14.2 and before, you first picked what type of extension license the user will have, then pick the level of communicator client the user will have.
So extension license options were:
- Extension only
- Extension and Mailbox
- Mailbox only
Then the communicator client license options were:
- Personal (free)
- Workgroup agent
- Workgroup Supervisor
A good rule of thumb, each one has the same and more function than the one before.
ShoreTel Connect Licences
The new license structure is formed of bundles:
- Courtesy – Extension Only (no client)
- Telephony – Extension and Mailbox (no client)
- Essential – The above plus Dialer pack (Web and App) ShoreTel Connect client (instant messaging, presence, video calling, conferencing, web sharing and online meetings.)
- Standard – The above plus ShoreTel mobility, Remote access (edge gateway) and Application integration
- Advanced – the above plus operator features and up to 96 lines
Workgroups licenses are additional to the above (and I would expect need to be Essential or above, else it would be a useless addition)
More Information can be found in tis PDF from ShoreTel
If you have any questions, please feel free to use the comments below.
UPDATE: More information can be found on this blog post: ShoreTel Connect Client Licence